AACI Center for Addiction Recovery & Empowerment (CARE) helps youth, adults, and their families who are affected by problem gambling. Our qualified staff can provide individual and group treatment services, community education, and professional development related to problem gambling in various languages. CARE also provides linkages to support services including financial counseling, legal advice, and stress reduction.
Our free and confidential services are available in English, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and many other languages.
We are committed to the recovery, empowerment, support and welfare of not only the individual but also their family members and friends. We combine evidence based strategies with cultural competency to motivate clients in their recovery efforts.
- Intake and Assessment – Comprehensive assessment of problem gambling behavior and other co-existing addiction disorders
- Individual Counseling – Counselors work with individual to develop and reach treatment goals focused on wellness and recovery
- Group Counseling and Support – Group counseling and support to increase knowledge and understanding of problem gambling issues, and to promote positive support systems for those affected by problem gambling
- Family Support – Counselors meet with individuals and family/support persons to empower clients to achieve their wellness and recovery goals
- Community Outreach and Education – Presentations to increase community awareness about problem gambling and resources are available. We do not take a position either for or against gambling; we are here to empower problem gamblers, their families and the community to engage in responsible gaming.
- Prevention and Intervention – Provide prevention and intervention strategies to strengthen the health and wellness of our community through prevention services and outreach efforts.
Did You Know?
- Leader in quality service: In May 2010, the National Council of Community Behavioral Healthcare featured AACI as one of their member agencies across the nation providing high quality behavioral health services to Asian populations.
- PGA/CARE is the only initiative of its kind in Santa Clara County that focuses on problem gambling.
For an appointment call CARE at (408) 975-2730.
Hours of operation:
Regular office hours M-F 8:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.